Its match number 2 of IPL and its Rising Pune Supergiant v/s Mumbai Indians.
MS Dhoni will not be leading an IPL team for the first time after Rising Pune Supergiant handed the captaincy to Steven Smith. There are two others – Faf du Plessis and Ajinkya Rahane – who have captaincy experience, so the team won’t be short of ideas.
Supergiant won’t have R Ashwin for the season because of a sports hernia, and Mitchell Marsh is also injured, but they signed the current No.1 T20 and ODI bowler Imran Tahir.
Mumbai Indians had a change of guard, with Mahela Jayawardene replacing the 2015 title-winning coach Ricky Ponting. Mumbai don’t have players on the injury list, but do have a few returning from it. Lasith Malinga will not feature in todays match. Rohit Sharma has lasted two warm-up games without discomfort. He’s overcome fears to last the season and beyond.
get link Staggering Stats
- The team chasing has won five out of the eight games at Pune.
- Ben Stokes has never bowled to Jos Buttler in a T20 game.
- Krunal Pandya’s strike rate of 191.12 in the 2016 IPL was the best
- Rohit Sharma has scored 100 IPL runs of rajat Bhatia’s bowling.
- The only three bowlers to have dismissed Faf du Plessis more than once all currently play for Mumbai Indians – Harbhajan Singh (3 times), Mitchell Johnson (2), and Lasith Malinga (2)
- The average first-innings score at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune since 2014, in the IPL, has been 170.
Likely Playing XI for Rising Pune Supergiant v/s Mumbai Indians
Rising Pune Supergiant: 1 Ajinkya Rahane, 2 Mayank Agarwal, 3 Faf du Plessis, 4 Steven Smith (capt), 5 Ben Stokes, 6 MS Dhoni (wk), 7 Rajat Bhatia, 8 Ishwar Pandey 9 Ankit Sharma/Ashok Dinda, 10. Shardul Thakur/Jaydev Unadkat, 11 Adam Zampa
Mumbai Indians: 1 Rohit Sharma (capt), 2 Parthiv Patel (wk), 3 Ambati Rayudu, 4 Jos Buttler, 5 Kieron Pollard, 6 Hardik Pandya/K Gowtham, 7 Krunal Pandya, 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 Mitchell McClenaghan/Mitchell Johnson, 10 Jasprit Bumrah, 11 Tim Southee
Rising Pune Supergiant v/s Mumbai Indians should be a great match. Mumbai are definitely the favorites to win this Maharashtra derby. This will be a contest between RPS batsman v/s MI all rounders. We at UWeWorld wish both the teams all the best for this match.