Its the first match of a new season. Its Sunrisers v/s RCB. Last year’s runners-up and regular favorites RCB will go into the first game of the 2017 season without their two best batsmen, who were also their first two choices as captain. Virat Kohli was ruled out of the initial stages of the tournament because of the shoulder injury he suffered during the Ranchi Test against Australia, and AB de Villiers was sidelined by a back problem but is expected to be fit for RCB’s second game.
They are also without their first-choice wicketkeeper-batsman KL Rahul, who played the Tests against Australia despite carrying a shoulder injury, for the entire IPL season, while middle-order batsman Sarfaraz Khan injured his leg during practice and is likely to be unavailable for the whole tournament as well.
The defending champions Sunrisers are without Bangladesh fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman, who is playing in Sri Lanka until April 8, but have no other injury concerns at the moment.
Some Interesting Stats
- The average first-innings IPL score in Hyderabad is 158.
- Sunrisers have won seven and lost eight games at home.
- 12 out of 15 matches played have been won by the team chasing
- When batting for Sunrisers, Warner has scored 448 runs in seven innings at a strike rate of 168 against RCB.
- Warner has scored 90 runs off 51 balls against Yuzvendra Chahal. The leggie has dismissed him just once.
- No batsman in the Sunrisers squad has faced fast bowler Tymal Mills in T20 cricket except Yuvraj Singh who has faced 3 balls and got out once.
- Bhuvneshwar has bowled nearly a hundred overs in the Powerplay for Sunrisers. His economy in those overs is only 6.11.
- Chris Gayle has scored only 77 runs in four IPL innings in Hyderabad. However, he has scored 94 runs off 63 balls from Bhuvneshwar Kumar in the IPL, 33 off 23 from Ashish Nehra, 19 off 8 from Ben Cutting and 23 off 8 from Moises Henriques. All four of those bowlers have dismissed Gayle once in the IPL.
- The two teams have met on 9 previous occasions. Sunrisers have won 5 times and RCB have won 4 times.
Like Playing XI for Sunrisers v/s RCB Match
Sunrisers Hyderabad: 1 David Warner (capt), 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Moises Henriques, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Deepak Hooda, 6 Naman Ojha (wk), 7 Ben Cutting/Nabi, 8 Bipul Sharma/Pravin Tambe, 9 Rashid Khan, 10 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 11 Ashish Nehra
Royal Challengers Bangalore: 1 Chris Gayle, 2 Shane Watson (c), 3 Travis Head, 4 Mandeep Singh, 5 Kedar Jadhav (wk), 6 Stuart Binny, 7 Pawan Negi, 8 Harshal Patel/Sreenath Arvind 9 Yuzvendra Chahal, 10 Tymal Mills, 11 Aniket Choudhary
Defending Champions Sunrisers are firm favourites to win the opener of IPL 10. This match Sunrisers v/s RCB should be an exciting contest as it is a rematch of last years final. RCB will want to win this and seek revange. SRH on the other hand will want to win this one and start their campaign on a high.