Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) launched a new app called IRCTC Rail Connect for ticket-booking. The app was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Tuesday (Jan 10). IRCTC Rail Connect app facilitate users to book train tickets in a faster and easier way.
Commenting on the newly launched app, Prabhu said:
Currently e-ticketing system caters to over 10 lakh passengers daily (comprising 58 percent of total reserved passengers). And to increase the ease to users, a new Android-based mobile application for reserved booking IRCTC Rail Connect has been developed.
In fact, Railway officials claim that the app was developed to bring the power of next generation e-ticketing system like high performance and enhanced security.
IRCTC RAIL CONNECT
The new IRCTC Rail Connect app will replace the old app. Alike old one, the new app is available both on Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store.
The new app will be synchronised with the ticketing website as it is missing in the old app. Passengers can now search, book and check their existing reservations. They can even cancel them in the most convenient way when there arises a need for it.
Here is a look at the App:
The app features few trending features. These features are mentioned below:
- It offers 24/7 service with no time-based checks.
- The mobile app synchronises with Next Generation E-ticketing System (NGET) for ticket booking.
- Moreover, the interface of the new app is simple and easy to use.
- It supports all available quotas like general, ladies, tatkal & premium tatkal quota booking.
- In addition, the app also offers the facility of
- Cancellation and filing of TDR for tickets booked through the website
- Current booking
- Boarding point change
- PNR enquiry
- Tatkal booking provided in a controlled manner
- The App also facilitates advanced security features like self-assigned PIN to login without entering username and password on each login.
- A new user can register and get activated from the App directly.
- It is Integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle-free transactions.
- The app provides a way for users to view and cancel old mobile app tickets also.
The new app links the payment gateway to more than 40 banks. As a matter of fact, customers can make payments via net banking, credit cards and debit cards. Customers can also use e-wallets of PayTM, PayU, Mobikwik and IRCTC. Other e-wallets like SBI Buddy and many others will be integrated soon.
Why wait then, download IRCTC RAIL CONNECT app and book a railway ticket anywhere in India on the go.